HOME   EVENTS   FASHION   BRIDAL   ATELIER   PROJECTS   PHOTOSHOOTS   
BEHIND THE SCENES
   PRESS   INSPIRATIONS   PERSONAL   TRAVEL

Friday, July 20, 2012

GUEST BLOGGER: Catalina Vornica

They say the leopard can never change its spots, I for one don't like the meaning of the word 'never' and its stiffness, especially in the realms of fashion, and therefore I'm trying to use it as little as possible.
From where I stand now 'never' means boundaries, 'never' equals lack of imagination, it's a word or worse it's a state of mind that shouldn't exist in terms of fashion. One may never know how an item or concept it's going to be revamped on the catwalk to suddenly become the new coup de foudre.
Years ago, if I were asked to make a list of things I consider kitsch and clothes I wouldn't be seen dead in, the list would go like this, leopard print or any animal print for the matter, sequins and gold accessories. I had serious issues, I am aware of that now!
As I always say in terms of style it's all about evolution and for that you have to be in a continuous motion, you have to be open to try on different things before saying you don't like them, I believe it's a major step in finding your aesthetic identity.
I've changed and so did my style and I think it's perfectly normal if not preferable to dislike certain items I used to be mad about or to simply find them dull, while my penchant for others(case in point animal prints) grew fonder that now I've become user and abuser.
Talking about evolution it's interesting how animal patterns went from being a barbaric statement of wealth to haute couture.
Throughout history, kings and other high people have used animal print rugs and such as a sign of status just as mounted animals were kept as trophies. At that time animal print screamed success, power, and aristocracy.
We must thank the american designer Norman Norell for the animal print as we know it today as he was the man credited to introducing leopard prints in the 1940s, years before they became widespread in use. Norell's sophisticated clientele hailed his clothes as some of the most daring they had ever worn.


More about Catalina on: http://www.armoireideale.com/
Photos ©: Catalina Vornica

No comments:

Post a Comment