HOME   EVENTS   FASHION   BRIDAL   ATELIER   PROJECTS   PHOTOSHOOTS   
BEHIND THE SCENES
   PRESS   INSPIRATIONS   PERSONAL   TRAVEL

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Leonie’s Bridal Gown – The Fittings


Leonie contacted me about one year ago; she sent me an email asking for an appointment to talk about her idea of her wedding gown. She wrote me very warmhearted and I when I saw her name, Leonie, I was pleasantly surprised. I Am Leonie is one of my recent collections, it is based on the style of my imaginary character: French jewellery designer Leonie. 

I met the "real” Leonie a couple of weeks later, we had a great meeting and I learned more about her wishes regarding the design and fabrics: classic and minimalist design, boat neck line, detachable train, ribbon at the back (set at the waist line on the train), a short jacket, veil; Taft silk, French lace ... after I made a couple of sketches based on her input and got fabric samples from my suppliers, we met again. Happily at our next meeting, I had the chance to get to know Leonie’s mother; a wonderful, sophisticated and lovely woman! She admired one of my designs and decided to wear it at her daughter’s wedding.

So, I had the honour to design a wedding gown for Leonie and make a custom dress and jacket for Leonie’s mother!

The working process and fittings were so smooth and creative! Every time I met Leonie I was highly impressed by her sweetness, politeness, impeccable English, high education and wisdom. She is so young but at the same time she sees life beyond her age.

I was invited at the wedding and it was one of the most emotional and touching weddings I have ever attended! I loved to dress Leonie on her big day, her parents, siblings, friends were lovely and full of joy! It felt like in the movies. The whole Austrian village celebrated the event, so impressive!

I will soon publish a selection of the wedding photos, below, some snapshots from the fittings and wedding day preparations:

No comments:

Post a Comment