HOME   EVENTS   FASHION   BRIDAL   ATELIER   PROJECTS   PHOTOSHOOTS   
BEHIND THE SCENES
   PRESS   INSPIRATIONS   PERSONAL   TRAVEL

Monday, March 2, 2015

The Delightful Ball Dresses Project & A Second Place!


About five weeks ago I received an email from the Viennese Fashion Guild (Landesinnung Wien der Mode und Bekleidungstechnik) with a very exciting and challenging project: to design two ball dresses for the anniversary ball of a dancing school (Tanzschule Chris).

I am not specialized in ball dresses; usually the ladies have a very concrete image of what they want to wear on this special occasion and as a designer, I never found it especially challenging. But this time it was different: I received all the freedom to express my creativity; the only condition was to keep the main colour black combined with orange (the corporate colour of the dancing school).

A couple of days later I received the information regarding the two professional dancers that were going to have their dresses designed by me and I joyfully started to design their outfits. I offered Bianca & Tsvetelina to choose their favourite model and after I received their positive answers, I started to look for the right fabrics.


As soon as I've discovered the Silk Velvet with tiny silver bits I fell in love with it! Finding the right shade of orange wasn’t easy but I am happy that I managed it on time. The working process went smooth and enjoyable; getting to know the girls in person was a real joy and pleasure!

Bianca & Tsvetelina (left to right)

A nice surprise came when I found out that there would be a voting for the best dresses created for te occasion by 12 master tailors and designers.

Everything was perfectly organized and presented in the City Hall of Vienna (Rathaus), I feel very happy that I took part in such a beautiful assignment.

The evening of the 28th of February was a dream! It was my second visit to a ball (ever) and I then understood the charm and notion of a Viennese ball, it’s a fantastic experience!

One of my ball dresses made it to the second place; I am so happy that it was one of the public’s favourite!

I wish to thank the Landesinnung Wien der Mode und Bekleidungstechnik (Mrs. Maria Smodics-Neumann, Mrs. Vera Reckendorfer, Mr. Walter Größinger), Tanzschule Chris, Tsvetelina Delcheva and Bianca Borghesi, the balls guests for voting for my design and everyone that supported this project!

Julia Lara Zechmeister & Her Partner
The Creative Team

1 comment:

  1. Your article has piqued a lot of positive interest. I can see why since you have done such a good job of making it interesting.
    Prom Dresses

    ReplyDelete