HOME   EVENTS   FASHION   BRIDAL   ATELIER   PROJECTS   PHOTOSHOOTS   
BEHIND THE SCENES
   PRESS   INSPIRATIONS   PERSONAL   TRAVEL

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Relaxing Holidays in Malta


I’ve spent all my summer / autumn holidays in the past five years on Malta (on the Maltese Islands); a country that I've discovered through my husband and started to highly like from the first moment I set foot on it. Many friends asked me why (again) Malta for a holiday at the sea? Why not Greece or Spain? The answer is simple, here I feel like home, safe, can identify myself with the culture, it’s entertaining but also relaxing, it’s affordable, charming and so special!

I selected some photos from my first eight days of the holiday; the time I’m spending here is so wonderful!

And I've put together a short summary with some info about Malta:

The history of Malta and its sister islands (Gozo, Comino and some uninhibited smaller islands) is a long and colourful one. The islands are home to the oldest stone structures in the world, predating Stonehenge and the Great Pyramids by hundreds of years. Later on, the archipelago's location between Sicily and Africa has given it great strategic importance to many powers, including the Phoenicians, Romans, Moors, Normans, Sicilians, Spanish, Knights of St. John ("Maltese Knights"), French and British, that all have ruled the islands over the centuries - and all of them left their marks, in one way or another, be it in regards to language (Maltese is the only Semitic language written in the Latin script), architecture or cuisine.

Today, the independent republic of Malta is a prosperous and progressive country of the European Union.

If you want to learn more about Malta, its past and present, I suggest these articles:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malta
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Malta
http://www.howtomalta.com/2012/01/a-very-short-history-of-malta-part-i.html

Spinola Bay






Lilyana Is Working For Laboratio Olfattivo Malta, She is Amazing!


My Favourite Beach

Rotunda of Mosta



Balluta Bay







Selfie :)

The Smart City Hosted The First Chocolate & Ice-cream Festival 





On The Way To A Fabulous Shoot






Dani, My Photographer Friend, Always Happy To Do Work Together



Relaxing With Mapi & Lilyana, After Our Photoshoot



With Jean, Our airbnb.com Host In Balluta Bay

Look Up!


Perla Harghitei, Romanian Mineral Water Found On Malta :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment