HOME   EVENTS   FASHION   BRIDAL   ATELIER   PROJECTS   PHOTOSHOOTS   
BEHIND THE SCENES
   PRESS   INSPIRATIONS   PERSONAL   TRAVEL

Friday, February 17, 2012

Bold Fringes


I first got to know Nadia Danecek at Claire’s Morgan wedding. She approached me to compliment the bride’s dress and asked if I would like to work a fabric that she has received from her beloved grandfather.
The fabric is brought from Yemen from the time when her grandparents were living there. As far as I understood, her grandfather has been working there and her grandmother loved to sew and bought many nice garments. I’ve already seen the fabric and I’m looking forward making something nice out of it!
In the meantime, I’ve made a dress that Nadia wanted to wear at a recent birthday celebration of her grandfather, in Moscow. She asked me if I have some similar fringes to Claire’s dress and I could find in a nice green shade.
We both liked the result!

No comments:

Post a Comment